I’ve came across an old book of my brother entitled “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren. Way back my high school days, when he used to fetch me after school, I already took a hold of this book and I used to read it while on our way home. But I was not able to finish reading it because maybe I was still a little immature that time and didn’t have that deep sense of understanding about life. After how many years I found this book again in their bookshelves and I thought I might give it a second try and this time I must be able to complete the 40-day spiritual journey. I am very much grateful that I brought this book with me. The book is so well written that even the first few paragraphs already struck me; it made great impact in my perspective about life.
One thing I learned from this book is that “You are not an accident,” which is explained thoroughly in the second chapter. God prescribed every detail of our life; He planned the days of our life in advance. He left no detail to chance and He planned it all for his purpose.
One afternoon a friend sent this message through text: “Don’t run ahead of God, let Him direct your steps. He has plans and He has time. God’s clock is never early nor late. It always strikes on time.” I read the text over and over again and it realized that it actually relates to the message of that Chapter in the book. This only proves that even the smallest thing that happened to us is part of his plan; even a simple text message. It was God’s way of reminding me not to lose hope on whatever it is that I’m going through. I just have to believe in God’s plan for me. And whenever I feel down and about to give up, I must hold on to this thought because yes, it actually helps. So, thy will be done Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment