Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Social Network

No, I’m not talking about the movie of the story of the founders of the social-networking website Facebook, because even I myself haven’t watched it yet. I’m actually referring to the social networks that I’m in. I’m-a-self-confessed-social-network-animal. I can recall that during my elementary and early high school years I already have my own account in Friendster, Hi5, Myspace and Multiply. But these accounts are already deactivated. Now, I have Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Blogspot. I’m an active user of these four. I can stay for a day in one room as long as I have an internet connection and I’m logged-in in my accounts. I don’t know what’s with these social networks that it’s hard to leave the page once you started logging in. I always stay up late at night stalking people on Facebook, tweeting nonsense thoughts in twittter and reblogging post at Tumblr. Even if I have lots of school works to do, I always find time opening my accounts. There are even times that I prioritize these social networking sites more compared to my studies. I procrastinate a lot because of these. I realized that this is such a bad habit that should be controlled or be stopped if possible. There are so many things that I’m not able to do because I always stay in front of my laptop. So I decided to set my priorities. Studies should be the first in line, especially now that I’m in my third year and all the pressure are up. I made a note in my study area that says “Less Facebook, More Study!” It is there to remind me that I have to have a limit with these sites and give more time on my studies. I hope I will be successful with my goal and be able to do what I really intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment